Our Purpose is to improve the lives of people with glaucoma and those at risk, by increasing early detection and positive treatment outcomes through education, advocacy, and research. We empower individuals to take an active interest in and understand their own eye health; we promote research, innovation and work with eye and health care professionals.
To prevent sight loss by increasing early detection and improving treatment adherence.
To free Australians from glaucoma blindness.
- Leadership - We support & advocate for people with glaucoma.
- Empowerment - We give people with glaucoma confidence in their eye care.
- Respect - We encourage and respect our staff, volunteers and all affiliates and find innovative and collaborative ways to benefit their overall wellbeing.
- Expertise - We drive and champion evidence-based research, education, and professional collaboration.
- Integrity - We provide a consistent, informed, empathic approach with the broader community, patients, and professionals.
- Clinical Advisory PanelShow lessShow more
Dr Katherine Masselos - Chair, Ophthalmologist
Dr David Wechsler - Ophthalmologist
Dr Nelson Kuo - Ophthalmologist
Dr Mark Chiang - Ophthalmologist
Dr Jennifer Fan-Gaskin - Ophthalmologist
Dr Brian Ang - Ophthalmologist
Dr Ben Ashby - Optometrist
Bahara Musaddiq - Optometrist
Peter Murphy - Optometrist
Inez Hsing - Optometrist
Ho Wah Ng - Optometrist
Anna Delmadoros - Optometrist
Janelle Tong – Optometrist
Kirsten McKerrell - Pharmacist
Debbie Rigby - Pharmacist
Han Fey Yap - Pharmacist
Jessica Leung - Pharmacist
Khanh Nguyen - Pharmacist
Mariyam Aly - Pharmacist
Dan Hillier - Pharmacist
Nhan Do - Pharmacist
- Media and Digital Technology CommitteeShow lessShow more
Satish Chandar - Chair
- Audit and Risk CommitteeShow lessShow more
William Peter Day - Chair
It is only through the support and generosity of notable individuals, corporate sponsors, trusts and foundations that Glaucoma Australia can continue to accomplish its vision.
Since its inception, Glaucoma Australia has committed over $1 million to support Australian glaucoma research across a diverse range of projects.