Our Purpose is to improve the lives of people with glaucoma and those at risk, by increasing early detection and positive treatment outcomes through education, advocacy, and research. We empower individuals to understand and take an active interest in their own eye health; we promote research, innovation and work collaboratively with health care professionals.
To prevent glaucoma blindness by increasing early detection and improving patient treatment outcomes.
An Australia free from glaucoma blindness.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Awareness and Detection - Raising the awareness of glaucoma in the community & enacting programs that enable early detection.
- Education and Support - Be the authoritative source of glaucoma education in Australia & support patients throughout their glaucoma treatment journey.
- Extension of Care - Support healthcare professionals by extending their care beyond patient consultations by emphasising key treatment messages, encouraging adherence to medications and follow up appointments and helping to reduce patient anxiety and uncertainty.
- Research - Support Australian based researchers as they seek to improve glaucoma detection, improve treatment outcomes and search for the treatments of tomorrow.
- Advocacy - Provide a powerful voice to Government on issues that affect glaucoma patients.
- Leadership - We support & advocate for people with glaucoma.
- Empowerment - We give people with glaucoma confidence in their eye care.
- Respect - We encourage and respect our staff, volunteers and all partners and find innovative and collaborative ways to benefit their overall wellbeing.
- Expertise - We drive and champion evidence-based research, education, and professional collaboration.
- Integrity - We provide a consistent, informed, empathic approach with the broader community, patients, and professionals.
- Clinical Advisory PanelShow lessShow more
Dr Katherine Masselos - Chair, Ophthalmologist
Dr David Wechsler - Ophthalmologist
Dr Nelson Kuo - Ophthalmologist
Dr Mark Chiang - Ophthalmologist
Dr Jennifer Fan-Gaskin - Ophthalmologist
Dr Brian Ang - Ophthalmologist
Dr Geoffrey Chan - Ophthalmologist
Dr Ben Ashby - Optometrist
Peter Murphy - Optometrist
Inez Hsing - Optometrist
Ho Wah Ng - Optometrist
Anna Delmadoros - Optometrist
Janelle Tong – Optometrist
Kirsten McKerrell - Pharmacist
Debbie Rigby - Pharmacist
Han Fey Yap - Pharmacist
Jessica Leung - Pharmacist
Khanh Nguyen - Pharmacist
Mariyam Aly - Pharmacist
Dan Hillier - Pharmacist
Nhan Do - Pharmacist
- Media and Digital Technology CommitteeShow lessShow more
Satish Chandar - Chair
- Audit and Risk CommitteeShow lessShow more
William Peter Day - Chair
It is only through the support and generosity of notable individuals, corporate sponsors, trusts and foundations that Glaucoma Australia can continue to accomplish its vision.
Since its inception, Glaucoma Australia has committed over $1 million to support Australian glaucoma research across a diverse range of projects.